Welcome to the website of the Georgia Tech chapter of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society. This website isn’t updated very often, so visit our Facebook page for more recent news! 🙂
We are a group of undergraduate students of many majors bonded by a shared love of science. We do a variety of programs over the course of the year, including:
- The popular Dinner With a Professor events
- Science booths at festivals like the Atlanta Science Festivals
- Chemistry demonstrations for elementary and middle school students
- Faculty panels on professional development topics like how to request a recommendation letter
- Science-related trivia
- Tours of places like the Glass Shop, Bodies: The Exhibition, and the CDC Museum!
Interested? Feel like joining? Come to a meeting! We eat pizza and talk about science-related things. Meetings are every other Tuesday at 11 AM in Whitaker 1214, which is the south building in the BioQuad.
The first meeting of the semester (Spring 2020 – we do update the website sometimes) is January 21.
For any questions, feel free to email any of the officers. Really, ask us stuff! It’s an excuse to procrastinate on other work.