Welcome to the website of the Georgia Tech chapter of the Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society. This website isn’t updated very often, so visit our Facebook page for more recent news! 🙂
We are a group of undergraduate students of many majors bonded by a shared love of science. We do a variety of programs over the course of the year, including:
- The popular Dinner With a Professor events
- Science booths at festivals like the Atlanta Science Festivals
- Chemistry demonstrations for elementary and middle school students
- Faculty panels on professional development topics like how to request a recommendation letter
- Tours of places like the Glass Shop, the Paper Museum, and hopefully this year the CDC!
Interested? Feel like joining? Come to a meeting! We eat pizza and talk about science-related things. Meetings are every second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 11 AM in Whitaker 1214. It’s one of the cool buildings in the front of the biotech quad.
The first meeting of the semester (Spring 2018- we do update the website sometimes) will be January 16th at 11 AM.
For any questions, feel free to email any of the officers. Really, ask us stuff! It’s an excuse to procrastinate on other work.